Thursday, December 31, 2009

Track 3: The Degradation

So get this. I'm at home watching college football and enjoying all of the bowl games. Then what do I see on come on the tv? An utter piece of garbage commercial. Now before I get too much further, it's an advertisement for skinit.com. This website specializes in making custom adhesive skins for a number of electronic gadgets such as video game consoles, phones, and computers. Just to be clear, I don't have any sort of problem with the business of this website.

But the commercial they've chosen to make?

Completely awful. It's a white guy singing with a vocoder (aka "The Auto-tune Effect") about all the different things that one can put a skin on through the website. What's even worse is the fact that whoever made this video actually won an open contest. And they still chose this...

First of all, Jay-Z might've been talking about another conspicuous fellow, but he said it best. "This is death of auto-tune. Moment of silence." Yes, I do realize that the fad of using auto-tune was very popular in its day. It was a nice change of pace within the music world. But did you just pay attention to what I said? In its day. This crap is dead. The fact that two-bit website companies are trying to milk money out of it, backs up this fact even more. Need I mention "Party in the USA"? Therefore. Stop. Using. Auto-tune.

That's it. That's all I have to say. You auto-tune users disgust me. Get out of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment