Thursday, January 14, 2010

Track 17: Edible Cereal Engineering

So I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes for lunch today (because the dining hall was packed and none of the food looked good).

Now, I have a huge bone to pick with Frosted Flakes. I'll give you some background info. I barely ever eat Frosted Flakes with milk. Generally, I eat them out of the box by hand or something. Today, though, I decided that I'd be a little different. I put milk in my frosted flakes.

This was the worst decision of my day. Apparently, milk just ruins Frosted Flakes. I take my first bite of the cereal totally expecting it to be more than delicious. Again, I was wrong.

Apparently, sugar doesn't stay on the Frosted Flakes. It just dissolves in the milk. This was not what I was looking for in my meal. When I'm eating, I don't want soggy flakes and sugary milk. This is not appetizing. It's like getting a flat soda. It's like finding mold on the piece of bread you were eating. It's like making a mess in the microwave. It's just not enjoyable.

I need a new cereal to really like. It's imperative that someone develop a cereal that doesn't get soggy. I'm not even sure if that's possible, but I know people need to start looking into. To further this aim, I propose that engineering colleges across the country create a new major: Edible Cereal Engineering. This major would include classes such as Food Presentation, Cereal Structural Integrity, and Taste 101. It probably won't ever catch on, but it's just a proposal. Final verdict: Until Frosted Flakes are fixed, I'm not having any.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, they get way too soggy. I mean if i have to chase it around the bowl, then it's not worth my time.

    The only good thing about frosted flakes is the fact that drinking the milk afterwards makes up for the terrible eating experience. All that dissolved sugar in the milk makes it taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I don't like the sugar in the milk myself. The best cereal combo ever is Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats with chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey Bunches of Oats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gross. Dominique drinks his milk out of his cereal.

    ReplyDelete