Sunday, January 3, 2010

Track 6: The NFL's Media Dilemma

Okay, so I'm pissed. The NFL needs to get off it's high horse and follow the MLB's lead. I'm so sick and tired of having to scour the internet right as a game is starting to watch my Green Bay Packers play when they're not on tv. Most of this season, I've had access to DirecTV. The last few weeks, though, I've been at home, and they've only nationally televised one Packers game in that time.

This is ludicrous. The NFL is alienating their fans through this system. I'm having to switch feeds nearly every quarter just to watch the game. I realize I don't live anywhere near Green Bay, but I should have other ways to watch this game. This just doesn't cut it for me.

I would gladly pony up the money to watch these games online legitmately. I love Packers football, and it makes me incredibly frustrated to be forced to stoop this low to watch them. The NFL also needs to realize that not all of us have satellite, so the NFL Ticket option doesn't help at all. Putting games online would also allow fans of teams that have been blacked out in their area to have another way to watch the game.

And only 4 games on TV per week? C'mon.

Well, my little rant fest is over for now.

3 comments:

  1. This is a completely legitimate idea! I hate hate hate not EVER being able to see my Cardinals play. :( It makes me really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as they don't do it like they do with the NHL where it costs upwards $300 to watch my caps games all season through NHL Center Ice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I hate to say it, I would pay $300 a season if it meant high quality hd streams. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I figure that I would give in. It's better than how it is now. I don't think the NFL would need that much money though. NHL is the broke one of the professional sports leagues. :P

    ReplyDelete